The Best of California...where Redwoods meet the Ocean

No doubt the highlight of our trip to Northern California was the Redwoods, but of course the ocean is always relaxing (in comparison).

However, I have to confess that crossing over from Oregon to California was rather stressful as we cut through the mountains.   Approaching 15 mph winding, mountain roads with the cragged-mountain hugging on the right side and the severe drop-off on the left.  (You know it is going to be treacherous when you have multiple signs stressing the narrow, 15 mph required speed - which only adds to the stress of it all when driving a 60 ft. rig).

So my friends... YES, I truly welcomed the sight of the flat, (in my eyes - relaxing & peaceful), ocean!!!


Although, I would not trade the experience of the Redwoods for anything - but let's just say I'm glad that Keith did the driving through the steep climb to the mountains to see the Redwoods.  (No kidding, when I wasn't taking pictures, I had my eyes closed as we came to such narrow passes between these magnificent trees and the mountain cliffs).


All in all - it was SO worth it!!  These majestic trees are like none other... and truly impress upon you the powerful, creative wonder of our awe-inspiring God!!  Amen!!  It's amazing when you realize  that some of these trees were here when Christ walked the earth!

Enough said....

Click here to see more pictures of California & the Redwoods




Comments