Day 2 - Elisabethtown, KY

My father lived in nearby Bloomfield when he was in High School, and when I was around 10yrs old our family visited this area while on vacation.   I remember vividly visiting Stephen Foster's "My Old Kentucky Home" in Bardstown and also watching an outdoor play of "Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair".    I still have a photo of me sitting on a bench in the garden of "My Old Kentucky Home".

When our daughter Christy was around 10 yrs of age, we also visited Elizabethtown, KY and nearby Bardstown.   I have a picture of her sitting on that same bench in the garden of "My Old Kentucky Home".

So, of course when my granddaughter Hayley was around 10 yrs of age,  I wanted to get a picture of her sitting on that same garden bench.  The opportunity came up when several families from our church decided to make a trip to the Creation Musesm, in Petersburg, KY.  Even though it was raining on the trip home, several of us made the faithful detour to Bardstown, and I was finally able to complete my three generation set of pictures. 

Who knows... maybe someday a fourth generation pic on that same garden bench!

  

Comments